Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Daily

Is it any wonder that I life in a beantown (that's coffee bean, folks) and am surrounded by coffeehouses on every block I walk... and I order anything but. It is funny what destiny has in store for each of us, or rather, God. Just a little over 2 years ago, I could not have seen it in my future that I would be here 3000 miles away from my family working a job I view as a half-career...

But in keeping retrospect, the job has begun. I have finished my first week in the VAQ and with every new day, I feel more and more anxious. When an instructor mentions failure, my stomach gets all in a tizzy and I think back to those awful days of VT-86. (The whole experience wasn't awful, just those certain bad days.) I am really going to have to pull it together if I want to be able to enjoy other things!

Random thought: Two years ago on a Cross-Country Flight to Austin, we were getting bad hydraulic indications in the plane and we were stuck there for an extra night. However we were on a tight schedule to get the IP back to the squadron to do more flights, so he called up maintenance on his cell phone. There we were, with all of our gear sitting next to the T-6 Texan II, hatches open, while maintainers on the phone were talking us through troubleshooting. Only in the Navy. Well, we couldn't figure out what the disconnect was, so I drove back to San Antonio. Waited for a big T-39 to drop off maintainers to bring the plane back while we joyrided back on the Sabreliner. Needless to say, I didn't get all my cross-country X's.

No comments:

Post a Comment