Sunday, September 03, 2006

it's just not the same without DT

Day 1 at my permanent duty station of Pensacola... and I have never filled out my name and address as much as I have this morning. About 200 of us reported in this morning, which makes the wait for API even longer than it already was (it will probably be 4-6 months for the NFOs and then we're sticking around while the pilots head out after they class up)

Navs are definitely getting stash jobs which is pretty much what I did at the NROTC unit... here we'll be assigned at random places such as the Flight Management office, the clinic, or in the case of my AF roommate... at the gym making sure people clean up their mess and issuing towels out. Yessss... this is what I wanted the Navy to pay me for.

Oh, on another note, I was REALLY fortunate to find an apartment before I even arrived which saved me money that would have been used at the BOQ. I am going to thank Carly who knew a Julia who knew a Laura who needed a roommate of which I came into the equation and we both are already jumpy and excited just doing stuff... I was pretty lucky because Laura is a cool chick, she and I get along very well which is good for me considering I've never really lived with an actual girly girl. It would be a lot more cooler though if we classed up at the same time. But thank goodness I decided not to room alone. I wouldn't have known where the airport was to drop Papa off, and where the Target was to buy the thousand dollars worth of stuff...

Lastly, I am truly missing the accessibility which is B-burg DT. I need to go back to PK's and HoHo's and TOTS and Sharkey's and all that good stuff which is downtown clubbing.... someone send me a ticket to go back for one weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment