Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Extreme weather

Hey happy people! Its me, enjoying the week off from flying because of an early finish from the T-6A Texan II. For now I'm just studying ahead, learning the T-1 Jayhawk, my transition trainer jet.

I just wanted to mention its been some crazy weather lately. My forms partner, Ted, and I were lucky to squeeze out our last forms low level last wednesday (after being cancelled a bunch due to weather). We had a clearing up on a Friday and Then Saturday was a pretty sunny day until the evening, where the crap came back. Since then, we have experienced a tornado that hit a Day Care center in Downtown Pensacola, massive rains and thunderstorms. Flood watches are almost every night, a tornado hit the Mobile area last night, and on the satellite map it looks as if somebody crapped primary colors all over the panhandle and Mobile bay area.

This morning, the sky was red. I took a picture of it and I'm sure I'll upload it later, but it looked like doomsday. It was a little breezy outside so I went back inside to get ready for my eye appt..... then I walked outside not 5 min later and there was torrential downpour. What is going on?

Right now, CNN is on the tube and Southern California is experiencing some major fire damage. Right now about 300,000 confirmed have been evacuated from their homes and most are seeking shelter right now at the Qualcomm Stadium where the SD Chargers play. I think it was yesterday when Ysmaelle mentioned that celebrities were leaving their million dollar mansions to evacuate and seek other shelter. The air has gotten bad and the Californians are wearing masks because of the quality--it looks like a SARS outbreak all over again.

The horrible weather and Sigmet action over the field has really slowed down the training at the wing, as they are only getting I think 10% of their schedule up in the air. If it fares good this weekend, they'll be flying Saturday again. I just don't know what is going on with this... we're flooding here and SoCal is drying and burning up. There's even a reporter right now covering the fire and pointing out his own house burning down. That is so horrible. So sad.

Pray for the victims of this extremely crazy weather. Is mother nature seriously testing us?

No comments:

Post a Comment