Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Sailors!

So I realize that I have not been keeping up with the blog like I used to in API (what a shame), but I will try to update it every now and then when I get a chance. Right now it's the weekend before my low level formation flights then i get to wait awhile until I drop the T-6 and learn the T-1s. A bunch of us have rolled back on account of bad weather for VNAV low levels, but there's really nothing we could have done about it, so we're all embracing this rollback, ready to enjoy the couple of days of relaxation we have fun back to work again. A week or so in ground school and then 8 flights in the T-1s for more helmet fire.

I just had to note the fact that Sandy and I went to Coyote's bar by the mall and participated in a TK 101 (radio station) Guitar Hero Contest. Apparently they have these every Wednesday where you can win a 25 dollar bar tab and other things, but they had this one on a Saturday and it turned out to be some kind of gambling game... almost like we were at the dogtracks! Sandy and I were the 2 out of the 3 girls who tried out for the competition, out of 16 contenders. Zach didn't make it, but Sandy and I were able to battle it out to the quarterfinals... and I was dubbed the best female performer because of scores. I never thought I'd actually attend something like this, but it was pretty fun... we drank, played GH, bet on dudes who looked a lot more serious about it than we ever did (with their GH or Jedi shirts).

Looking forward to Thanksgiving, whenever the Navy decides to ever approve that.
And oh by the way,

HAPPY 232nd BIRTHDAY, U.S. NAVY!

No comments:

Post a Comment