Friday, November 23, 2007

I Love Deep Fried Turkey.. but boy does it make me sleepy

It is so good to actually be home, sleeping in my old bed (which is a grand ol' queenie size) and just chill with my family for the holidays. Its a lot different now, because to me it actually seemed like I was opening up a little bit just because of the fact I have a kick ass job (or because I'm in a place where I'll be ABLE to do kick ass things), I feel like they actually can see my funny side.

Thanksgiving day was all kitchen. We prepared frozen pies, some traditional Thanksgiving food like ham, cranberry sauce... and the deep fried turkey. Then the rest was the easy Filipino treats like embotido. I tasted Lambrusco for the first time and even with the few uncles and aunties there to share with us, we had plenty of food to last us a week. Too bad I can't stay that long.

I'm up a little early because I actually passed out during guitar hero.. it most probably was the tryptophan that knocked me out--but anyways, we have to get up for Black Friday anyways. Supposed to be REALLY busy on I 95, but I'll go through the pain for little 'yelle. She's not even that little... she's taller than me, and she can drive. How did I miss that? She also can figure out the Rubik's cube like I can figure out sudoku, which she can't. She's been teaching me (or rather, TRYING to teach me) how to solve the damn thing, but I must be retarded. I fail to see the relationships between the different colored faces on the toy.

I hope this vacation doesn't lead me to fail Monday's flight.. I haven't pulled my flight manual out yet to study, and I've got until Sunday....

GO HOKIES! BEAT UVA!

No comments:

Post a Comment