Monday, November 26, 2007

It’s Not Even December… and I Already Feel Sad.

So I requested a smaller version of Thanksgiving this year... however, we still had a few family friends over to help us eat all the food (which is a good idea, because a family of 4 would not be able to eat an entire deep fried turkey). Still working on trying to get the "traditional" sit down dinner and prayer thing down, but maybe Papa'll be coached by then.

So the look for the table went something like this:




During dinner, we took a couple of pictures...



There isn’t a greater feeling than going home and seeing your family for the holidays… especially if its been almost a year. It almost feels like a deployment and I’m coming home to see how everything changed. You know, how many inches your sister gains on you; how many inches your mother shrinks; whether or not your parents, uncles, or aunties tried a different hair dye this season to cover those gray hairs; if the house had new additions to up the value… stuff like that.

I began this blog in the car coming from a haircut. I didn't know I'd actually tear up afterwards writing the rest of it. I didn't expect it, but waiting to pass through the check-in gate, I kept trying to stop the hot feeling in my eyes, especially in front of my dad, who if I see cries, I'll just join in for the bawling too.

As I come closer and closer to realizing that Thanksgiving was the last I'll see of my family in the years filled with these long gaps of solidarity (yes, I think I know that was a run-on sentence), the more sad I get. No family for Christmas! That's so... unheard of. I don't even have a boyfriend! So I can't spend it with someone or anything like that... not that I'm going to be desperada and look for a Christmas date, but man.

Damm Airport Security. Stole my swiss army knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment