Thursday, June 05, 2008

What Happened to Pochacco?


Amazing how my mind works. About a week ago, I discovered my cat had the fastest bug killing reflexes I've ever seen. I would just leave him on the porch and by the time I let him in for some fixins, there were at least 5 flying roaches dead or lying helpless on their backs. Fitz, my cat, doesn't even have front claws. He sucker punched them with his soft little paws...

Anyways, a few days ago I started noticing little things that I described in my head as "dead maggots" in random places around the apartment. I would be picking up parts of cat food around his plate and find another "maggot", throw it in the trash, thinking it was some sort of poop or something. I thought then it must be some sort of weird bug feeding on my cat's skin, so I quickly looked up pictures of fleas... luckily the pictures weren't anything close--these were much bigger than a flea.

Yesterday, my cat had been running up and down the apartment, chasing what I would call a sudden outbreak of houseflies. I thought it was due to the one big housefly that inadvertently flew in 2 nights prior and I just wasn't able to let it out. I was seriously scared that this thing would have babies or something, but I couldn't seem to find it.

So here I am, with a magazine, my cat and I tag teaming in the apartment, killing these flies that just came out of nowhere. I would find groups of them just hanging around the window screen... some would find its way to the litterbox... it was just so odd to have them all in the house at once. Every once in a while, I'd find a couple of them dead on the carpet--thanks to Fitz's cat powers.

Just now, another surge of curiosity kicks in and I'm thinking I gotta find out what those "maggots" were. So I Wikipedia the common housefly, and lo and behold, theres a picture down the page of fly pupae. The "dead maggots"! Apparently they were still alive and ready to come out! How was I discarding them? Picking them up with my bare hands, inspecting them, and dumping them into the trashcan. They probably found their fountain of youth in the garbage. Silly ol' me. They birthed themselves and grew which explained the sudden rise in population. So after looking at these pictures, I grew sick and typed in the first happy site that came to mind. SANRIO!

Which brings me to my next question... Hello Kitty and her friends are all over the page, but what happened to Pochacco????

1 comment:

  1. They discontinued Pochacco. It's all part of a grand conspiracy within the Sanrio company. Originally the company was started to spread the Good Word of Pochacco, but evil capitalists within the company took it over. Originally Hello Kitty was supposed to be an auxiliary character that was meant to fund the worshippers of Pochacco, but the Hello Kitty capitalists took over the company and now they have expelled the devout Pochacco worshippers.

    ReplyDelete