Friday, July 02, 2010

B.I.T.S. (Back in the Saddle)

Well folks, its been a while... since the last post I've:

1. Finally left Iraq (for the last time hopefully)
2. Been told I was gorgeous by a girl at a club in Azores and then asked if I was a lesbian.  When I said no, I think I hurt her feelings...
3. Bought more goodies for my house but it still looks as if I sprinkled possessions to cover every piece of available carpet
4. Reconditioned my body during a Washington low-level flight
5. Spent many a twopence in London
6. Camped out and had my first Wimbledon experience
7. Worn nothing but dresses since I "spreed"
8. Hugged my furry tuxedo wearing cat
9. Reunited with family and friends
10. Met newborns aka the "New Whidbey Clique"

The biggest thing was spending time with my sister.  Face to face time really counts with this one.  I wish I had hugged her more during this trip, but she's all grown now and doesn't need me... unless I'm paying for something :)


 At the palace...
  

Jump picture!
Rafa's Booty!! Saw him pick a bunch of wedgies... =)

The visit to London was good.  People spoke English, my cousins and the boyfriends/husbands were very accommodating and welcoming, and I got my fix of second-hand smoke. 
The Tube was extremely easy to use as well as the boat trips up and down the Thames.  I realized how very little I knew about London and was learning the whole deal as I went.  I also found out my iPhone can last 3 days without charging it, the biggest worry while camping. 
Reunited with Janos my good friend from Italy who with both his Nikon camera and his brand new iPhone 4 (which he couldn't stop using) took tons of pictures of the tourist girls.  Learned not to wear big shoes while walking around a big city because they will cut your feet up badly at the end of the day.  Proper arch support is key when being a tourist -- I neglected to follow advice at the expense of my feet in order to look and feel pretty. 
The transition from daughter to philanthropist is taking place, naturally...

Nadal in the finals!!!!!! This is a historic Wimbledon (not only because I watched it) but because of the 11 hour match, the defeat of No. 1 Federer, and that the weather in London has been absolutely beautiful for the fortnight!

2 comments:

  1. Hey V,

    I love the pictures. Looks like you had a blast. That's awesome. You'll have to explain the reconditioning your body during a low-level in person. Let's try to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read on your blog that you served in Iraq, thank you for your service. Im a 16 year old looking to join the CF regular force soon.

    Btw can people check out my blog: http://comedyzones.blogspot.com/
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete