Sunday, August 15, 2010

Whidbey Island is just... different.

It's not the city, but I am learning to love the simple yet elegantly beautiful this wonderful place highlights.  How could anyone get tired of the scenery of driftwood beach, water, evergreen trees, morning fog just above the lakes, and planes in the sky?

I needed a study break from my house (which had no a/c because lets face it, Whidbey isn't really one of those places in Washington that needs to have a/c's installed in houses) and to enjoy the sunshine, a friend and I rented a boat and took it around the southern tip of the island up to the famous Deception Pass.  How simple is that? 

Yesterday I went to the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival to purchase a painting that I caught at the Anacortes festival, and its now sitting above my fireplace. 

I think this place inspires creativity.  In an odd yet simple and quiet manner.  That's why I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment