Tuesday, August 01, 2006

You can do it. All you have to do is push yourself.

I really didn't think I had that much endurance in the water.

So after Jon Marta put me to the test and told me to just worry about staying afloat and not doing the crawl stroke, I was ecstatic. Then after asking how many laps I should do, he said to do a quarter of a mile.

That already sounded dreadful. I'm supposed to be able to do a mile in a flight suit.

Then I calculated it: 1/4 mile = 9 laps = 18 lengths.

As far as being blind during the swim, losing my hairtie in the middle of it, and having a funky neck pain... I actually thought I could have done one more lap after the 9th one. It was a fabulous feeling afterwards.

And thanks to the morning banana, my foot didn't spaz. Huzzah!


Night #2 at the Cap'n's... where I watched JP for the first time and we ate pizza and I think attempted to play every single card game in the book. Sigh... gotta start bringing board games I think.

Duty ensign in the morning! Later, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment