Monday, January 15, 2007

Fresh Azimiz

Darnit.

I fell for it again. (...I bought another fitness program, and I haven't finished the first one... sigh)

So everybody's got insecurities. Some people have the strong will to overcome their own; their fears, their hangups, or whatever past experiences have molded them into the person they are now. Some people can act with confidence on the outside and hide their insecurities within, others let the vulnerabilities sit on the surface. Not too obvious, but visible enough to want to take on and alter for gratification.

In search of my own gratification, I have already managed to take chances (or risks, whichever sounds more adventurous) which please or disappoint my own levels of esteem. Learning that it is easy to defeat myself, I'm really amazed at how I can get myself this way. I'm going to go on a vacation and put "me" to the test. Is it really quite possible to not just act strong, but be strong? For my well-being... because one can never guarantee a trusting companion, a lifelong protector, or someone to grow old with.

I know that must have been a little hard to swallow... I'm working on it. I wonder if anyone ever reads this thing anyway?

P.S. Impulse shopping (a.k.a. retail therapy) feels a hundred times better if the gifts aren't for you ;)


How do you deal with your insecurities?

No comments:

Post a Comment