Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hide and Seek

That's the title of the song that's been locked on my iTunes playlist, repeating and repeating itself. Imogen Heap sings it. She also sang a song called Let Go which played during the credits of the Garden State movie. The lady is a genius.

I guess I've been hiding out this week. Since I started the P90X workout, I have felt a little more clingy to my bedroom for rest. 6 out of 7 days I am doing workouts, and I have committed my diet to change for the next 90 days. If you know me, oh... you know that I will eat anything and everything i want. I used to think I had a pretty decent metabolism... I think all the Capri Sun sugars are catching up with me, so I've got to work a little harder now to get it back.

The eating (or rather NOT eating) part is the most difficult part for me, I think. This is the part of the program where I am getting used to the food choices and "detoxifying" my body. I'm eating 5 servings of protein, 2 servings of dairy, 2 servings of veggies, 1 fruit, 1 carb, 1 snack, and 1 fat. Servings are quite small, and it takes patience to plan the meals for the day. Not going to help if I eat meals like the ice cream sundae burger last night and drink god awful amounts of alcohol. Even if they are considered "cheat days". (Yeah, the fries are even drizzled in chocolate.)

Going home for the holiday break didn't help at all. I got sick for a week during Christmas, and blam! I'm always making brownies, always eating the desserts all the aunties left in the house from the party. When Dad said, "Come home, we'll fatten you up," he wasn't kidding. In fact, I fattened up all by myself. :)

I've always thought my body looked like a chunky stick. Like the figure of a crunch bar. No curves. But hopefully this program will work. With a waist that is 30.5 in and hips measuring 36 in... I wonder if I'm measuring the right spots of my body. My weight is a good solid weight that I'm happy about, it stays around a 125... I'm not obsessive about my weight, which is a good thing, but I could always improve.

Now I just need to find out what % body fat I have, I need to get a chinup bar and pushup handles to make my life complete. At least, for now. Oh, and I need to beat Guitar Hero on Expert level, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment