Wednesday, June 20, 2007

God, do you hear me? It's me, Vanessa

I was cancelled again this morning at 6am.

Then, while trying to pack and shop for a TV at Wally World, I get a voicemail that isn't accessible on my crazy-ass cell phone because of horrible signal on the first floor. The message was left at 8:45am and I don't access it until 1:30pm.

"You've been called back in, you can fly with another IP." I call the desk and then he says there was a mistake and to come in anyways. I come in.

They are lucky I only 5 minutes away, its not much gas to spare. Otherwise I would have been really pissed off.

So I'm thinking.. I'm flying! Reciting all the maneuvers in my head as I'm driving, power up, angle of bank, spin spin spin! Oh, right, I'm on base now... gotta obey the speed limit.

I get to the squadron, they finegle with the fact that I can or can't fly, we're all looking to see if there's an instructor available to pick me up to fly. So they type my name in for a 1345 slot with a FOR SALE written in the instructor's name spot. That's rich.

I print out weather (wasting paper), all the necessary forms (more paper), and even decide to brush up on my Boldface/Limits by making some copies and practicing until someone decides to holler at me (again, more paper).

15 minutes go by, I'm chatting lightly with my buddies who have their checkride/night contact flight... and a LT comes pokes her head in the ready room and calls my name. She says I can go, nobody will pick me up -- as if I was some orphaned puppy in the pet shop and they are going to send me to the pound or somewhere dark and lonely.

So as you can see, one moment, you're gliding along through, thinking you're going to finish all of your flights in one week. Then things can turn around--somebody that you don't even know decides to take action upon themself and do something out of the ordinary, which ends up affecting everyone else down the food chain.

Yes, I know I'm in the military. Stop whining, we are supposed to adapt and be flexible. But excuse me for complaining... God does not like me and this is not the week to mess with my hormone-induced emotions.


On a lighter note, I visited my apartment... "previewed" if you will... and it's an exact replica of Erin's apartment, except my walls are white white white. So stoked on moving in and decorating. That'll be the good part of all this.

1 comment:

  1. why are you moving again? This is like your 5th move in like 5 months.

    ReplyDelete