Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ooh, free time to blog



Yeah, that's me in the front cockpit, being watched.


Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Ever since contact simulator and flight phase began last week, I've been in the books, trying to feed my brain radio procedures and maneuvers and even chair fly. Yes, chair fly... when I'm not on base in a sim, I'm sitting in a chair and imagining scenarios (by myself or someone else is throwing them at me) and flying them. It sounds funny when you say that you're chair flying, but its the only way you can get some good practice in the comfort of your own home.

A pretty funny story: the Monday we had our first flight, it felt like 95 degrees F outside, and the majority of my class (from VT-4) had early briefs/flights. All but one of us got airsick on the first flight. Word spread quickly that our class got airsick, which they say is usual, especially for those who haven't been in a plane for more than a year (i.e. me - IFS was last June after commissioning). I remember being on a ship for Navy summer cruise and while underway, the first day most of the crew got sick. It just goes to show you, once you've been out of the game for a while, no matter how old you are, you can still get motion sickness.

So I took some ginger today .... and they called me to tell me that there's a ground mishap so flights are cancelled today. So now there is ginger floating in my tummy. I hope nobody I know got hurt.

In other news, I've got another flight, a night flight, and a checkride (the test). I have until the end of next week to get all of the contact flights in. Then I'll be free to do whatever... watch duty, or maybe even move to my new apartment! Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment