Friday, January 04, 2008

My very own man friend

January 2nd, 2008 - the day after I arrived home from New York

I searched Pensacola
for a kitten
and in the process
I had a milkshake, but...

I found the black kitten.

He was the third one I held
and he reminded me of Socks,
the first cat I read about in school.

So he came home with me
with Auntie Sandy's help,
and he whined
and he whined
and sounded just like the little baby in the track used in
Aalilyah's "Are You That Somebody?"

While he explored the new abode,
I soon realized I didn't block off all the holes in the kitchen...
He found a spot under the dishwasher and it took us 2 hours to get him out.
Then we noticed he was sneezing.
Perhaps the work of the sawdust?

He would NOT STOP SNEEZING. Like... 10 sneezes in one giggity-go.

The next day, I put him in the cardboard box and took him to the vet on base.
Because I left one flap inside the box, it was not fully secure....
and he whined
and he scratched
and he broke through the cardboard whilst in a moving vehicle.
I pulled a Britney and drove with the baby on my lap... just kidding.

Vet says he's sick, he's got a wormie.
So the hardest thing so far has been trying to trick him.
Trick him into eating green pills that happen to taste nasty.

He's a smart one. Lazy, yet smart one.

However, I'm going to try to dumb down the intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment