Monday, February 04, 2008

Timing is Everything

Ahh.... time.

The world depends on time. It has been on the minds of great physicists, cartographers, philosophers, scientists, and other great people who seek to explain this basic component which plays such an important part in our lives.

As an Naval Flight Officer, so much depends on timing. In earlier stages of training, we were taught the skills to get from one place to the target. Then you learn to incorporate other factors into your calculations such as the winds, climbs and descents, fuel burn, emergencies, and then other real world contingencies. And in dealing with these unfavorable circumstances, we've got to use tools from the toolbox to fix ourselves, get back on course and drop the bombs on target, on time.

Timing, as you have probably experienced yourself, plays a major part in everyday life as well. I will skip the examples of normal everyday occurrences (like being late to work) and skip to the part where it totally messes with your game.

By game, I mean relationships. Seen that movie Serendipity? Crazy timing in that movie with the characters there. And another thing... I demand to know why I am attracted to unavailable men and not to the single? Is my biological clock ticking? I refuse to believe that is so--I am still considerably young, although the need for women my age to settle down has grown since I've hit young adulthood. I'm still sticking with my plan for 28. That better work, or I will marry Aaren.

Timing is everything... and if you screw up the plan, you've got to figure out a way to get back on the time line, back on to COURSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment