Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Temporary Life


It's only been two days of TAD work and even though I'm actually working hours as opposed to the lazy life I could be having right about... now... I'm enjoying it. I checked into the Navy Recruiting District in San Antonio and working with the coolest Master Chief and Senior Chief in the existence of naval recruiting. Today, we headed over to the University of Texas Health Science Center and got to meet med students. Free lunch! Anyways, its great to finally be involved in something bigger than yourself, coming home after putting some good work hours in at Fort Sam Houston, then going home to only find you have about 5 hours left to yourself before you ought to be heading to bed. So then, there's so much to do around here, it's only a matter of figuring out what it is you want to do.

Staying at Erin's and being a part of the family temporarily has been a good thing so far. She hasn't had a girl roommate in a while and its good to have a roommate for myself who I can actually do things with again. (Sorry, Laura. You're busy with... other things.)


I'm really glad I got to visit the boys down in Corpus Christi for the weekend. It felt like a big reunion in small doses, the P-cola bunch all trying to go out and have a good time. If it wasn't for the Nation, I woudn't have been able to go to my first "strip club" Club Cheetah (the club amnesia)... thinking about working there one night... :) Excited for them to come up here. Good times, good times.

Well, I've got to attend one of those job/career fairs 2 hours up from here, so I've got to get to bed. I think this is teaching me so much more than napping as a stash is... sue me, I prefer to be a workaholic. It's the only way I can not become fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment