Friday, April 06, 2007

Day 5

Boy am I going to drown on Monday.

Today we had another weather class about Thunderstorms.. just as the prof was telling us a story about having a black cloud around (someone who just brings bad luck with him/her everywhere), the power went out in the building and it took him 10 minutes before we were learning again. The powerpoint wasn't working (go figure) so he had to actually wing it. Heh.

WS-3/4, tread and float... I was seriously getting tired keeping myself afloat with those darn boots, my face was in the water a bit, but I tried not to show any signs of distress. Afterwards we did some build up shallow laps with the boots on... it's so weird to swim around in so much drag, you work so hard to move forward, and all your momentum moves you, oh, about 2 inches ahead in the water. After that, we ditched the boots and swam racetrack laps switching strokes until we were going to pass out. Yeah, I was that tired.

Ergo, Monday, I am going to drown. We add the SV-2 (the gear) and gloves (oh no) and try again. Ok wait, let me revert to my alter ego, the Marine in me.

Errrrr oohrah lets kill and eat babies. WS-5 is going down. And so is the Aero 1 test. God, give me the strength to study hard this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment