Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hump Day, Mid Week 3

Whew today was busy... had a toll on me, but anyways let me break down the day:

Had engines class at 0700 and finished up the book. We drove over to the Naval Aviation Museum for a bit to get the visual on the types of engines we were learning about... let me say it definitely helped and I can name turbojet engines, props, fans, shafts, you name it. It was raining outside though:(.

Next at 1000... the mile swim. Finish 36 laps (72 lengths) in less than 80 minutes utilizing any combo (or one) of the breaststroke, sidestroke, and freestyle. I finished in 55:19.

After lunch, we had another long class of Nav where we learned how to use the darned whiz wheel. I was already feeling the sluggishness and headache that most likely arose from dehydration and prolonged exercise. My endurance dropped since API because I started to study more and work out less... don't do that by the way. Keep studying and working out during school.

I'm feeling a lot better now (3-4 hours later) after dinner and water and even white wine and good stories. Tomorrow I've got 0800 Flight Gear Issue and more classes tomorrow. So excited! I hope they have my size.

No comments:

Post a Comment