Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Whew! 5 down, 1 more to go

As Week 4 gets underway, I would like to take a moment and mention that:

I made Muddy Buddies.



Aren't they gorgeous? (Well, this isn't MY picture, but they look the same... minus the teddy bears)

So anyways, the Nav test came this morning at an early 0600. It was an important test for me, because if I happened to fail this test (and yes, failing means missing 11 out of 50 multiple choice questions, so study hard you college graduates) I would get rolled back a week. You get rolled back after 2 test failures and you have to stand in front of a board. I think I mentioned this already in a previous post, so I'm going to go ahead and just skip the explanation. Anyways, I passed! We sat in FR&R (Flight Rules and Regulations) awaiting our test scores, it was ridiculous. Our instructor for FR&R was rather... hyped up on caffeine, or so it seemed. He just knows so much about NATOPS and OPNAVINST that he goes by it so fast and makes jokes but you have to be quick on listening so you can laugh along. We didn't even finish the long chapter today (the book's only 3 chapters) and we cut it short. Finished at 1030... the schedule was odd in having us go to weight training at noon.

So basically I went home after lifting a bit, laid out in the sun studying the chapter we just covered today, then chilled out until... the idea hit and I looked up the recipe for Muddy Buddies. Look! We're back in a circle!

This is what API's all about folks. The week gets much easier after the Nav Test and then you just hope and pray you don't land wrong during Redneck Parasailing, which would delay your graduation even further (like another Hokie I know).

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment